Academic Board of Kogi State Polytechnic considered the report of the Central Examination Misconduct Committee and approved the expulsion of fifteen (15) students over examination misconduct and other related offenses.
This was part of the far-reaching decisions by the Board on Thursday, 24th March, 2022 at the Hall ‘A’ of the main campus.
The fifteen (15) students were found to have contravened relevant sections of the Students’ Information Handbook and were variously recommended by the Central Examination Committee for disciplinary action as a deterrent measure to others.
The offences ranged from impersonation, bringing of illicit materials that were relevant to the examination into the examination hall, and others.
The list of 15 expelled students is as follows:
- AMEH ENYOJO JOY – 2019/ND/OTM/661
- SABO PEACE – 2020/ND/PAD/519
- GIWA AYOMIDE OLABODE – 2019/ND/PAD/193
- ABAH SOLOMON – 2019/ND/BUS/519
- MOHAMMED KABIR – 2019/ND/OTM/625
- ABUBAKAR AUDU – 2018/HND/PAD/741
- ABDULLAH RUKAYAT – 2018/HND/PAD/405
- IDOWU OLUWATOSIN ELIZABETH – 2019/HND/BUS/353
- USMAN JOY – 2018/ND/PAD/838
- ALI JOY KAKA – 2018/HND/PAD/836
- SIYAKA BLESSING – 2018/HND/BUS/603
- SHEIDU ABDULAZEEZ ADEKU – 2020/ND/PAD/316
- ABRAHAM SARAH FUNMILAYO – 2020/ND/BUS/046
- ODAWN CHRISTOPHER – 2019/ND/CPS/555
- SABO FATIMA LADIDI – 2020/ND/URP/082
The Rector and Chairman of the Academic Board, Dr. Salisu Ogbo Usman seized the opportunity to admonish students to be law-abiding, as no stone would be left unturned to ensure absolute law and order in and around the campuses of Kogi State Polytechnic.
While commending the members of the Board, the Rector reiterated Management’s commitment to upholding the dignity of the Polytechnic through strict adherence to rules and regulations.
The Rector specifically appreciated the Chairman and members of the Central Examination Misconduct Committee for their commitment to the avowed zero tolerance to examination misconduct and other social vices in the Institution.
Head, Public Relations and Protocol Unit.
Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja.